Visit of the 4 baous of the Pays Vençois with a view of the coastline and the Mercantour.
By Frédéric A.
- Start at the foot of the baou des blancs on the Col de Vence road. Go to the top of the baou (take the time to admire the viewpoint from the orientation table).
- Go down for 250m then continue straight on until you reach the milestone 139 then turn right until you reach b125. Take the direction baou des noirs (b 124-123) and go back to the top.
- From milestone 123 go down to the riou (b122) Take the track on the left for about 1km then right (steep descent) pass the small bridge over the Cagne then right and finally the stairs on the left to b81.
- Direction the village of St Jeannet b82-b93 then follow the GR for the baou for 1km. Take a path on the left which will lead you to the top of the baou.
- Go back to b85 then right b84 right b95 left b96 right until b97 from there follow gros chêne and baou de la Gaude.
- Then follow jas jausserand then GR 51 to Vescagne, plan des Noves, Mangia Pau, costa bérarde and back to the car park.
Magnificent sunrise from the baous. Watch out for the patous! Save your strength for the return journey.